Dear Mireles Family:
Welcome to the 2012-2013 school year with a new principal at Arnold Mireles Academy! My name is Evelyn Robbins and I come to you with experience as an assistant principal, a classroom teacher, and as a CPS employee for over 15 years. Words cannot describe the honor that’s felt, knowing that Mireles has very intelligent, talented, and creative students that will experience the best of what the outstanding teaching staff has to offer.
Under my leadership, Mireles Academy will offer a high-quality instructional environment in which all students will learn, achieve and excel academically. The school day is structured to infuse students with a love of learning and will provide them with the academic and character skills necessary to succeed in high school, college and a competitive world. We are on our way to becoming one of the top learning institutions in Chicago Public Schools. Mireles Academy has...
- Highly-qualified teachers: The primary factor impacting student achievement is teacher quality. At Mireles, we are committed to ensuring that there is a talented and caring teacher in every classroom.
- More time on task: The Mireles School day runs for seven hours with small group instruction during the day as well as rigorous creative instruction in all content areas.
- Support for struggling students: All students will learn — we accept no excuses. The students of Arnold Mireles Academy will be assessed using NWEA in the core subjects so that struggling students can be identified and receive help before they fall too far behind.
- Commitment to character education: All students live by the Mireles Core Values (Respect Yourself, Respect Others, Respect the Environment, Respect Teaching & Learning). Our goal is to develop well-rounded students, and we will teach these character values as explicitly as we teach academics.
- Uniform Policy: Our implementation will begin on the first day of school, August 13, 2012. All students should come dressed in blue pants, and a blue Mireles t-shirt or polo.
- A balanced curriculum: including World Language Spanish, Art, Physical Education, Library, Music and Technology.
These are just a few of the attributes that creates the special educational experience at Mireles.
We look forward to creating a school culture Committed to Excellence within the South Chicago
Community and “Making It Happen” for all of our students.
Mrs. Evelyn Robbins Arnold Mireles Academy, Principal
The vision of Arnold Mireles Academy is to create a safe and positive
environment with a multicultural, multilingual and multi-level curriculum.
We encourage all students to become literate and productive leaders and society members who are equipped for the 21st century.
21st Century School
Submitting Website Content
Just e-mail your image[s] to Miss Kaage and give her any accompanying text to go with it and she will do her best to add it to the Mireles site ASAP! [Per administrative approval.]